Friday, August 24, 2007

Martin and Me and DSLs

Back in June of this year, Martin Fowler and I did a keynote at The ServerSide Symposium in Barcelona on a subject for which we both have some interest (and dare I say passion): Building Domain Specific Languages. I saw cameras at the back of the room, but it didn't actually dawn on me that they were filming the whole thing...and that they would put in on the web. But, sure enough, here it is. It took them two months to post it and I think I know why: some poor person had to go and transcribe Martin and me yammering away for an hour. I hope they got paid well!

This keynote pretty much summarizes much of the thinking that I've been doing about DSLs over the past couple of years, and it is nice to see the agreements and disagreements that Martin and I have on some nuances of this topic. Clearly, though, we both think this remains a Big Deal.

1 comment:

Bob Cotton said...

Are the slides available? Would be nice to follow along.